Our Community Kitchen Programs offer a multi-purpose space where people in the community can learn valuable skills and celebrate food. The kitchen is designed to help families and individuals prepare nutritious, affordable and healthy meals and can provide permanent, regular access, to a clean, secure, fully furnished kitchen facility. Building on the idea that food has power; the power to inspire us, the power to nurture our bodies and build health and the power to bring people in communities and families together.
Kitchen Programs may include:
- Kids in Community Kitchens (K.I.C.K)
- Community Kitchens for Families
- Specialized Kitchen Workshops
How the Community Kitchen works?
- A group of community participants gets together to plan a menu and cook
- Provides an opportunity to develop new friendships and build community networks
- Meals are cooked in a quantity so that you have an appropriate portion to take home to your immediate family
- Participants bring their own containers or baking pans to bring food home
- Qualified Early Childhood Educators care for your children in a nurturing environment
- Participants cook together and learn new budget friendly
- Kitchens are led by peer leaders and are supported by the Community Nutrition Coordinator