- About Us
- Ways To Give
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Current Programs
- Family Counselling
- Home Visiting
- Parenting Support
- Pre/Postnatal Support
- Roots of Empathy
- Contact Us
Pre/ Postnatal Support
Are you pregnant or a new mom and need information or support on prenatal care, breastfeeding, good nutrition, or exercise? We have a Pre/Postnatal Educator available to support you. We can help you to prepare for your labour and birth by:
- exploring various coping strategies and comfort measures
- looking at different types of births and possible variations
- having a look at the newborn and infant feeding
- learning how to care for yourself after having a baby
- providing a hospital tour
In addition, we can help you after the birth of your baby with newborn care and breastfeeding support.
Private in-home or office visits can be arranged.
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit partners with us to provide a Public Health Nurse at our weekly Morning Munchies drop in programs. She is available to discuss any concerns that you may have about yourself or your baby. She can also weigh your baby, help with breastfeeding questions and support.
We provide pre/post natal supports in a variety of our programs for free!